bootX: how do you set default boot on Mac OS 9?

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:25:50 +0100

once you boot into YDL, edit the /etc/yaboot.conf file and change the
default=linux.. to default=macos... where linux.. and macos.. is the label
of your boot partitions (it is defined in the /etc/yaboot.conf file itself).

dhiraj

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Billy Passauer [mailto:billy@passauer.net]
	Sent: Tue 26/08/2003 13:52
	To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
	Subject: Re: bootX: how do you set default boot on Mac OS 9?

	Paolo Brunello wrote:
	> Hi,
	> I have a Powerbook G3 wallstreet, so a old world machine. I've
installed
	> YDL 3.0 on a partition and use BootX 1.2.2 to choose whether to
boot on
	> Linux or Mac environment. The problem is that Linux is set as the
	> preselected OS and if I'm not there while the machine is
rebooting,
	> after 10 secs it will boot in Linux. Is there a way to set the
	> preselected OS to mac OS?

	Hi Paolo,

	I have yet to successfully get ydl 3 installed on my pb3400c,
	but I believe that I can help you with this.  When bootx loads,
	press the left arrow key so that booting Mac OS becomes "selected".
	You may also need to click on the "save" settings button to make
	it permanent.

	  ... Billy ...