YDL on upgraded Powermac 9500 G3-450

Alan Bailey yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:37:49 +0100

--Apple-Mail-2--53192949
	delsp=yes;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

Hi,
      Did you burn the ISO image under the ISO9660 format in Toast? This
is what worked for me. I also didnt hit the Mount button in the ISO
window in Toast. When I tried the Burn under Disk Image it didnt work
at all. After I did that all my 'Images' mounted fine on Mac OS9. Then
you need to do the ole' Boot X install as per the Install PDF on the
YDL site.

Hope this helps.

Alan.

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 05:35  pm, Dominique Werner wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I hope you can help me install YDL on my upgraded Powermac 9500
> Sonnet Crescendo G3 450mhz.
>
> I burnt the ISO image as told on the website with Toast Titanium under
> Mac OS X but when I try to boot the Powermac
> (Cyberdrive 24x SCSI CD-ROM and Adaptec 2930 SCSI Controller, 2GB
> Quantum Fireball (2 partitions, Mac OS 9.1 and one unallocated for
> Linux) - both drives are connected to the controller but won't work
> without it either)
> the cd fails to mount, for whatever reason. I have the latest Mac OS
> driver for the Cyberdrive but I don't know if I'm missing additional
> boot parameters to get the Cyberdrive CD-ROM to see the CD.
>
> Anyone knows what do do or has experience installing YDL on Old World
> ROM Powermacs?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards / Gruss
>
> Dominique Werner
> dwerner1974@mac.com

-------

Hey, Hey... its a party!... I want to party too. Please don't ask me
about G4's tonight..please...

--Apple-Mail-2--53192949