TwinTurbo128-XF86Config-solved

glenn greenfield yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:07:56 -0700

It was very simple actually.  The install had a perfect display as did ydl immediately after install but soon (5 or 6 reboots later) X was hosed so badly it was unusable.  Not a huge concern as this ppc is a server and yet the fact that it worked at one time and did not now was driving me absolutely berzerk.  Also- GUI configuration tools beat the CLI any day of the week. ;)
All it took was "Force video settings" and "No video driver" selected at boot as well as a default depth of 24 in XF86Config.  It doesn't work in any other combination AFAIK.  I am forced to retract my earlier statement regarding Xautoconfig's lack of functionality.  =)

http://www.linuxmail.org/