Install Problem: "Can't Mount CD"

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:50:28 -0800

Hello,

My 1st post here. I skimmed the archives, but couldn't find anything that looked
like my problem.

I have no problem doing the following steps:

- initialize & partition drive(s)
- install BootX, restart
- click "options" in the BootX window
- select the RAMDISK image (either one)
- the Linux-based installer starts
- select "custom" or "Default"
- gets past the keyboard and mouse stuff
- but when "Installing Media," the installer complains that it "Can't Mount
CD/DVD"

Note that the CD works great under OS9.

I also swapped built-in CD-ROM drives, and even tried attaching an external CD
drive vie SCSI, I get stuck no matter what.

PMac 9500/132, with 128 MB RAM, 9-gig drive w/ 8.5 Gig "unallocated" partition
for YDL.

I also tried adding a separate 1-gig drive for OS9, but got the same problems.

Also note that I successfully installed YDL over a year ago on this same
machine, so I'm pretty sure it's a capable box.

Anything stupid I'm doing?

Thanks so much for your help,

Scott in CA