file transfer between mac drives

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:35:05 -0500 (EST)

mount -t hfs /dev/hdxN  where x  and N is the partion of your mac os; in my case it's hda9 (mount -t hfs /dev/hda9).

you can edit mnt and  fstab for  a mount point, mine is mac. so I can do mount  /mac.

Then it acts like any drive to copy to it :

cp some_file.txt  /dev/hdxN or in my case  cp my_file.txt /mac

Joe

-------Original Message-------
From: Derick Centeno <aguila@macol.net>
Sent: 02/06/03 03:03 AM
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: file transfer between mac drives

> Question:
I have two drives.  One dedicated to Linux (YDL 2.3), the other MacOS 8.6.
The Linux side would find this other drive at /dev/hdxN, where x
ranges from a-z and N ranges from 1-9. Currently I believe the
sequence to mount the hfs drive and send a file to it from Linux
would be two steps:

1. mount -t hfs /dev/hdxN /mnt/macos
2. cp ./happy.txt /mnt/macos

Am I right?  Or is there a better way to do this?
Thanks for your help.

--
"our particular principles of religion are a subject of
accountability to our god alone.  I enquire after no man's and trouble
---Thomas Jefferson to Miles King, September 26, 1814

WE ARE AT WAR WITH THE MOST DANGEROUS ENEMY THAT HAS EVER FACED MANKIND,
AND IF WE LOSE THAT WAR AND IN SO DOING LOSE THIS WAY OF FREEDOM OF
OURS, HISTORY WILL RECORD WITH THE GREATEST ASTONISHMENT THAT THOSE
WHO HAD THE MOST TO LOSE DID THE LEAST TO PREVENT ITS HAPPENING.
--- RONALD REAGAN

"The Romans used to say that courage is not the only virtue, but it's
the only one that makes the other virtues possible." -- Benjamin
Netanyahu to Brian Lamb on C-SPAN's Washington Journal, Sept. 21, 2001

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."-- Wendell Phillips
(1811-1884), abolitionist, orator and columnist for The Liberator,
paraphrasing John Philpot Curran (above) in a speech before the
Massachusetts Antislavery Society in 1852, according to The
Dictionary of Quotations edited by Bergen Evans

"Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom;
political freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind
and a free market are corollaries." -- Ayn Rand, "For The New
Intellectual,"

"Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
-- Dolores Ibarruri, 1936

"What do you call a peaceful, productive, person who is prevented by
force of law from disposing of his efforts as he sees fit? A slave."
-- Rick Gaber

  "In Germany, the Nazis first came for the communists, and I didn't
speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the
trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade
unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up
because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time
there was no one left to speak for me." -- The statement was written
by the Rev. Martin Niemoeller, a German Lutheran pastor who was
arrested by the Gestapo in 1938. He was sent to the concentration
camp at Dachau, where he remained until he was freed by the Allied
forces in 1945.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
form of tyranny over the mind of man." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1800, as
inscribed in the Jefferson Memorial

Be Well and Safe Journies.
Derick.