Why YDL? Why Linux? Why YDL instead of OS X?

B. Charles Reynolds yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:49:18 -0900

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 06:20 AM, Suzanne Payne wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of OSX (you know you're becoming a
> unix geek when then one thing you really, really miss under OS9 is the
> terminal!) but with each different OS I play with I learn new things:
> sometimes unintentionally...my week long effort to install NetBSD on
> the Wallstreet and a Beige G3 meant I learned more than I ever wanted
> to about Open Firmware!  With each update of OSX there's been a
> noticable decrease in speed on my old G3s (10.1.5 to 10.2.3 was really
> quite a step), so for the older OSX compatible machines, they may not
> be able to keep up soon, but YDL flies.

Here, here! I learned an awful lot by installing NetBSD on my old
ColorClassic (68k machine)! And, boy, was that a chore to install!
__
Charles

Would you like to benefit from the online explosion? Learn about the
most exciting opportunity on the Internet today,
visit http://www.reygroup.net
E-mail: charlesreynolds@mac.com