Newbie Install Problem

Christopher Baskind yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 00:29:15 -0600

On Saturday 08 February 2003 12:14, RK Akin wrote:

> First time newbie problem: Can't seem to eliminate Install problem with
>   message as follows =97
> INIT: id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
> I have a pre-2001 ibook / 3gig HD. Surely nothing on this machine can
> be doing anything "too fast". Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem on my older iBook. After you get the error message=
, hit=20
Return and you'll be presented with a login prompt. After you've logged i=
n,=20
startx. Then you can enable the command-line boot, rather than the graphi=
cal=20
one. That allowed me to run "apt-get dist-upgrade." The problem didn't re=
cur=20
after I updated packages, and I'm now able to use the graphical boot.

Good luck. Must be a bug.

kit