can someone please tell me how to burn a bootable cd of YDL iso using toast titanium. Someone who has done it on an iMac please

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:27:11 -0600

I'm not sure if this question has been answered yet, so I'll see if I can help.

I had the same problem, but only made one "coaster", fortunately. I burned the YDL 2.3 installer ISO as an ISO CD using Toast. This is the wrong way to do it. You need to burn it as a "disk image". I think "ISO" and "disk image" are somewhat synonymous terms, which can throw people off. At least, it confused me a lot for a brief period. I clued in by reading some documentation somewhere on the YDL homepage.

So, download the Dayton 2.3 ISO, mount it, set Toast to burn as a disk image (NOT as an ISO formatted CD), drag the mounted volume into Toast, then burn it.

The volume must be mounted from the downloaded ISO, so don't try to burn just the downloaded file. That won't make the disk bootable. If you've got an improperly burned CD, though, it will save you time because you won't have to download it again. You will, however, need to copy the downloaded ISO to your hard drive. Mounting it from your CD will make it impossible to burn the mounted image, because the CD burner drive will be in use (unless you have more than one CD drives, of course).

This method worked for me, and I had similar problems figuring out the terms "ISO" and "disk image". If I made some mistake in terminology, I'd love some feedback.

Hope this helps.