IDE cards that YDL supports

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:24:54 EST

I inadvertently sent my previous post.

I am having a problem accessing an HFS+ partition
My machine is:
7300 upgraded with a Sonnet G3 450MHz
384MB RAM
4 GB internal SCSI HD with MacOS 9.1
80 GB internal IDE HD partioned as follows:
    8 GB for OS X (not installed yet)
    10 GB for YDL
    10 GB for Mac OS 9.1
    remainder for documents
Acard Ahard 66 PCI IDE card

I have 2 problems:
1.
I want to use a Sonnet Trio card instead of the Acard. YDL does not recognize
ATA133 IDE controller cards. I have read through the archives and YDL support
site and found some information, but I need to know what Linux kernel
currently supports ata 133, where do I find it, and how do I upgrade the ydl
kernel?

2.
I have succesfully installed YDL on my 80GB hard drive by using an Ahard IDE
card. The problem is that I can no longer see the HFS+ partitions which
existed before I changed the IDE cards. If I switch the IDE hard drive back
to the Trio, I can see and use the "missing" HFS+ partitons Anyone have any
ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris