Audio Glitch

Zak Joans yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:44:19 +0000

Hello everyone,

Today I finally got around to installing Linux on one of my Macs, all went
to plan. After many hours of head scratching, I got around an annoying disk
issue, and installed YDL V2.3 onto my revision B iMac(Slot loading;
512mb;40gb;400mhz.)

I soon noticed a..more than slightly annoying issue. Constant interference
with all audio output. The sound is a fairly loud, but muffled clicking
noise. The noise is constant, it makes no difference if there are headphones
plugged in, or in fact external speakers - the internal speakers will still
make the noise, and whichever device is plugged in, will reproduce it too. I
am running KDE 3, and my only observation is that the noise starts up when
the window server is initializing.

...Any help would be greatly appreciated :] I have futzed around a little in
the sound control panel since, but it hasn't helped any. So I guess Linux is
a slightly more exact science than MacOS? ;]

Kind Regards,
Zak