Problems logging in

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:06:20 -0800 (PST)

Cool... I solved it.  Or, well, my friend did, but I thought I'd post the
solution here in case fellow or future newbies have the same problem.

It was actually pretty simple once I found out how; apparently Linux
starts up a bunch of non-graphical interfaces whenever it starts up, and
you can get to them with "crtl-alt-FX" where FX is a F1 to F6.  Logging
non-graphical was no problem, I used "df" to see that I was indeed pushing
at my disk space limit (2.9G used of 2.8G), nixed the partial Mozilla
build, and used "crtl-alt-F7" to get back to the graphical login.

Wondering Aimlessly,
James Anderson