Install without booting

Greg Dougherty yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:25:10 -0800

Hi all,

I have a 9600 with a 500 MHz G3 card, that refuses to boot from a CD ROM (as in,
it won't even SEE the CD drive if I boot without extensions.  I went through 4
different Apple branded CDs w/o any luck, so I'm just giving up on this).

I downloaded the YDL CD image, and burned it onto a disk.  (IF I can get YDL
installed and running on my computer, I'll buy the distribution, but given that
my system is in the "should work" category, I figure there's no point buying
until I know I'm not going to return it.)  Is there any way for me to install
Yellow Dog Linux onto my computer without booting from their CD?  I have a
completely blank 4 Gig SCSI HD I want to install it onto.

TIA,

Greg