Uninstall: how to get my partition back

B. Charles Reynolds yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:37:31 -0900

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 09:57 PM, Ted Goranson wrote:

>> I installed YDL 2.1 on my Pismo as  triple boot. Worked well, but now
>> I am rearranging things. YDL goes on an old desktop and I wish to
>> reclaim the disk space on the Pismo.
>>
>> I have a 20G disk that was divided equally among OSX, OS9 and YDL. My
>> disk utilities can "see" the boot partition of 10M that I was easily
>> able to make HFS+. How do I get the missing 6G back without trashing
>> my other partitions?
>>
>> Best, Ted
>
> Using an old copy of Hard Disk Toolkit, I was able to "delete" the SV
> partitions, but cannot figure how to turn these into HFS+

Having not tried this myself, I strongly recommend a very healthy
back-up before trying it:

Now that the linux partitions are deleted, you _should_ be able to open
Disk Utility and create a new HFS+ partition in the now empty space.

__
~ Charles

"One OS to rule them all; one OS to find them; one OS to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them."
	- Microsoft