dhcp setup

Samuel Flory yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:26:41 -0800

David Merwin wrote:

> Try upgrading to YDL 2.3. Solved the problem for me.
>
> Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
>
>> Hi.  I'm new to this list, so please don't hurt me too bad.  :)
>>
>> I've been trying to build a network at home with a Linksys router
>> supplying IPs via DHCP.  I've tried to follow the HOWTO's I've found
>> online, but so far nothing is working.  I know I'm close because
>> booting pauses when initializing eth0, but the connection never gets
>> made.  Is there something peculiar to YDL that I'm not aware of?
>>
>> BTW, I am running YDL 2.1 on a PCP 210.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tim

  I'm using a linksys router/firewall at home with YD 2.3.  I've never
had an issue getting a ip address with any OS I've run.  (Win9x, OSX,
RH6.3-8.0 as well)   Check to see if the kernel see your ethernet
interface at all. `ifconfig eth0`  Run your dhcp client by hand.
 `dhcpcd eth0` or `pump eth0`.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.