Problem with ethernet on 15" LCD Imac

Chuck Coleman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:39:54 -0800

--B_3125835595_765350

on 1/19/03 10:28 AM, Jean Pierre Miani at jmiani@xs4all.nl wrote:

> Thanks Chuck, I will try this but i'm not shure that it is going to work.
> =20
> When i look at my hub it shows no connection, this is te hardware level s=
> somthing must be wrong with the ydl ethernet driver for the LCD Imac.
> =20
> As i know fur sure that the connection is ok.(worked 10-20 minutes prior =
> ydl install)

The gateway is required and without it you will not get a connection even
though everything will work on the Mac OS. The gateway just directs the
connection to another machine//router and without it there will be no
connection. This should generate an error message that you don=B9t have a
gateway address but it doesn=B9t. Another reason that Linux is not all that
user friendly.

Chuck Coleman
Put an end to bad service
BOYCOTT MACMall/MAC-CLUB/PCMall
http://www.macintouch.com/macmall01.html

--B_3125835595_765350

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Problem with ethernet on 15&quot; LCD Imac</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">on 1/19/03 10:28 AM, Jean Pierre Miani at jmiani@xs4al=
l.nl wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks Chuck, I will t=
ry this but i'm not shure that it is going to work.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">When i look at my hub it shows no =
connection, this is te hardware level so somthing must be wrong with the ydl=
 ethernet driver for the LCD Imac.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">As i know fur sure that the connec=
tion is ok.(worked 10-20 minutes prior to ydl install)<BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
The gateway is required and without it you will not get a connection even t=
hough everything will work on the Mac OS. The gateway just directs the conne=
ction to another machine//router and without it there will be no connection.=
 This should generate an error message that you don&#8217;t have a gateway a=
ddress but it doesn&#8217;t. Another reason that Linux is not all that user =
friendly.<BR>
<BR>
Chuck Coleman<BR>
Put an end to bad service<BR>