yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #328 - 4 msgs

christian paire yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:42:41 +0100

ADSL connection set up with ethernet speed touch home, YDL 2.3

on 1/19/03 1:13 AM, Jean Pierre Miani at jmiani@xs4all.nl wrote:

> I have chosen static IP because when i selected DHCP it would not pick
it=
 up.

You have to set the gateway. If you don=B9t put in the gateway address
then
neither DHCP or static IP will not work. I suggest going back to DHCP
since
there were some issues with static IP on YDL. As long as your system is
set
up to do DHCP of course.

Hello, just got ydl installed. I didn't set up lan as I don't use one.
PPOE is installed. I can't set up wizard internet. Don't know which
Ethernet card choose, I have G3 powerbook Lombard. Can't connect via
adsl and Ethernet modem. Can't find any how to for set up connection.

I will buy the distro, swear it ;), when I know I can use it.
Thanks.