Install Fails at package transfer on YDL 2.3 (iMac)

tobe yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:17:19 -0600

I have tried to install YDL 2.3 several times.  It boots fine and
everything appears normal on the GUI install.  However it goes to read
the install media package database, then resolves dependencies and when
it goes to package transfer it fails and says to correct this manually.

I read on a list somewhere that the partitioning was done wrong.  I went
through a custom install using text base and verified this myself.  If
you go through the drive partitioning scheme it will erroneously map
your partitions or this is how it seems.  It would show my bootstrap as
swap space each time.  I would go back and check it and that was the
mapping.  Very frustrated with this since I hear Yellow dog is fairly
stable distro.  Thanks for any help.  (Commandertobe@netscape.net) feel
free to reply.

thanks
tobe