How to boot ? (solved)

Yi Liang yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:27:36 +0200

I got problem to boot on linux after installing a YLD 3.0 on my ibook 366 lime
(newRom, bootstrap of 1Mo before Linux and OS 9).

Zapping pram and changing manually yaboot.conf in rescue mode were not enough.

Now I've solved the problem this way :

1 - changing parameters in my open firmware :
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/boot_functions.shtml
with this i was able to go on bootstrap 2nd step

http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/yaboot-howto.html/ch9.en.html
with this i was able to work on linux.

3 - launch yabootconfig from here (everything I tried with yaboot.config from
the rescue mode were not working)

4 - add manually in /etc/yaboot.conf a line for macos if needed
(macos=/dev/hda10)

This seems to work for me.

What I cannot explain is why YLD hasn't saved any of my parameters during
installation ? (no yaboot parameters, no user, no root password, no network..)

regards,