how to configure keyboard

Yi Liang yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:10:16 +0200

Hello all

I have some little problem concerning keyboard

with "xmodmap -pke > myxmodmap", i can access to my mapping.
I got lines like this :
keycode 46 = l L ssharp bar

This sounds ok for me. My key 46 (the L key on the keyoard), gives me
l, L (with shift) and with other modifier I can get other symbols.

My question is : what are the modifier to use to get the 2 others
symbols ?

by typing "xmodmap", it list my current modifiers, but changing them
doesn't allow me to access the 2 additionnal symbol.
By example, for shift, lock, control, i didn't change anything (they
are ok for me). I cleared the current mod1, mod2, ... mod5, and try to
add alt_l, alt_r, ... on the different modX, but I didn't manage to
access the 2 additionnal symbol.

did I miss something ?

regards,