Installing D-Link NIC

Michael Loose yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
14 Jul 2003 09:58:38 +0200

1. If you plug in the card and power up the machine, use the hardware
browser or the network configuration tool to check if it is detected.
There will be nothing like a "Oh, i see you plugged in a new device..."
but chances are it will show up there and you can configure and use it.

2. If neccessary, you would call an already existing, but not active
module with "insmod [modulename]" (no quotes, no square brackets and the
name of your desired module) and see if the card is recognized then.

regards

Michael