DRI

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:42:39 -0700

> I am not allowed to enable hardware acceleration and 3D
> programs say that a
> DRI extension is not present. I downloaded the DRI source,
> but when I tried
> to buid it:
>
> Error: Could not locate kernel tree in
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8d/build/include
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8d/include /usr/src/linux/include /usr/include
>
> What do I do?

This error and the KDE problem you are having both seem like you need to
install the kernel-source. Run "rpm -qa | grep kernel" to see which one you
have. You should see kernel-source-2.4.20-8d at least.

I have glibc-kernheaders installed and I just compiled xplanet successfully
on my PB. You might just need glibc-devel and glibc-common. I'd probably
start there.

Does someone else with more of a clue than me have a more informed answer?

Bill