stalling while installing

Bradley Martin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2036535191-1058382456=:44071

Working on a B&W G3, trying to install YDL3 off ISO images;
works just fine when i select minimal install...but i'd rather not go through every single package manually afterward so...

If i don't do the 'minimal install' the install stops in the middle of the second disc, usually at package 'SDL_mixer' but even i unselect that during package selection it will either (1) try to put it in anyway, or (2) stall at the next package.

I've tried installing a desktop & workstation w/ all different combinations of packages.

ideas?

<i am not bradley martin>

--0-2036535191-1058382456=:44071

<DIV>
<DIV>Working on a B&amp;W G3, trying to install YDL3 off ISO images;</DIV>
<DIV>works just fine when i select minimal install...but i'd rather not go through every single package manually afterward so...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If i don't do the 'minimal install' the install stops in the middle of the second disc, usually at package 'SDL_mixer' but even i unselect that during package selection it will either (1) try to put it in anyway, or (2) stall at the next package.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've tried installing a desktop &amp; workstation w/ all different combinations of packages.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ideas?</DIV></DIV><BR><BR>&lt;i am not bradley martin&gt;<p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-2036535191-1058382456=:44071--