dvd and vlc and apt-get

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:04:59 -0400

On Thursday 17 July 2003 12:22, Longman, Bill wrote:
> How do I get vlc to work?

Hey, thanks for the link, it was a funny gesture, but I have to say that there
is reason behind that silly question. I've been fumbling for hours trying to
get things to work. It just doesn't. There's always a header missing, or
something gone wrong -With EVERYTHING.

How do I get apt-get to work? Here is my sources list:

# main (install cds)
rpm http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/3.0 main
rpm-src http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/3.0 main

# updates (bugfix, security, etc.)
rpm http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/3.0 update
rpm-src http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/3.0 update

#extra
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/ 3.0/ppc freshrpms

I try this command:

apt-get install mplayer

and get:

mplayer: Depends: lame but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: mplayer-fonts but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: libpostproc (= 0.90-fr2) but it is not going to be
	   installed
           PreDepends: /sbin/ldconfig but it is not installable
           PreDepends: /sbin/ldconfig but it is not installable
           Depends: aalib but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: lirc but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: libdv but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: xvidcore but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: libdvdread but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: faad2 but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: lzo but it is not going to be installed
           PreDepends: /bin/sh but it is not installable
           PreDepends: /bin/sh but it is not installable
           Depends: libaa.so.1
           Depends: libdvdread.so.3
           Depends: libdv.so.2
           Depends: libfaad.so.0