Installing YDL 3.0 without re-initializing disk

Tyler Kelly yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:48:15 -0700

Ron,

Could you explain your procedure in more detail?  I tried what you did, but after booting with the OS 9 CD and opening Drive Utility, it showed a list of the partitions, but I did not see how to change the partition type to "unallocated."  The only option was to click the Initialize button, which I was afraid to do, for fear it would wipe out my entire hard disk.