Hosed it again!

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:51:11 -0500

Having finally given up on the OS9/OSX/YDL triple-boot & yaboot's problems, I blew away the entire HD-formatted the entire thing to 'unallocated' & installed YDL & nothing else.

Now, of course, I have a new problem: in trying to get it to mount a CD, I seem to have somehow roached out something in the software (etc/fstab, I think).

The question now is: is there a way to either replace etc/fstab, get at etc/fstab *before* boot so I can edit it, or get it to boot w/out etc/fstab?

If I have to, I can re-format & reinstall, but I'd rather not lose the schoolwork I've put on it these last few days.

If I re-install YDL w/out reformatting, does it only over-write the files that're part of the installation? IOW, will re-installing YDL replace my hosed etc/fstab?