CD-ROM Driver

Ben Donovan yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:56:44 -0400

--B_3137608605_26521

Apologies for the lack of complete info on the last post.

The full message which it is hanging on is:

=B3Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12=B2

I thought it might be the order of the SCSI Ids so I moved the CD-ROM to ID
3, but no change.

Ben

On 6/4/03 9:15 PM, "Ben Donovan" <ben@toycar.net> wrote:

> Thanks for everyone=B9s help with the advice on partitioning, I got it to
> install.
>=20
> Now when I try to boot up it hangs, the last thing it says is =B3 CD-ROM dr=
iver
> 3.12=B2
>=20
> I have 2 CD drives: the stock teac 16x scsi that came with the machine, a=
nd a
> teac 4x CDR.=20
> Any ideas on this one?
>=20
> Ben
>=20
> Computer Details:
>=20
> Motorola Starmax 3000/240
> Sonnet G3 300mhz upgrade
> 128mb RAM
> 4.3gb HD (SCSI ID 2)
> Teac CD-ROM CD-516S
> Teac CDR CD-R55S=20
>=20

--B_3137608605_26521

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: CD-ROM Driver</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">Apologies for the lack of complete info on the last pos=
t.<BR>
<BR>
The full message which it is hanging on is:<BR>
<BR>
&#8220;Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12&#8221;<BR>
<BR>
I thought it might be the order of the SCSI Ids so I moved the CD-ROM to ID=
 3, but no change.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Ben<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 6/4/03 9:15 PM, &quot;Ben Donovan&quot; &lt;ben@toycar.net&gt; wrote:<BR=

<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">Thanks for everyone&#8217;s help wit=
h the advice on partitioning, I got it to install.<BR>
<BR>
Now when I try to boot up it hangs, the last thing it says is &#8220; CD-RO=
M driver 3.12&#8221;<BR>
<BR>
I have 2 CD drives: the stock teac 16x scsi that came with the machine, and=
 a teac 4x CDR. <BR>
Any ideas on this one?<BR>
<BR>
Ben<BR>
<BR>
Computer Details:<BR>
<BR>
Motorola Starmax 3000/240<BR>
Sonnet G3 300mhz upgrade<BR>
128mb RAM<BR>
4.3gb HD (SCSI ID 2)<BR>
Teac CD-ROM CD-516S<BR>
Teac CDR CD-R55S <BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3137608605_26521--