Second Try: Disk Druid problem; where's 'Guide'?

Lou Puls yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:27:06 -0600

--------------9B7D1B47FECA3C7AEBB531D5

When I tried to use Disk Druid to partition my G3 Lombard (1999) for YDL
3.0, I highlighted the Free Space then selected 'New', followed by 'Apple
Bootstrap', then size 1 Mb, Fixed showed up preselected.  The 'Companion'
then says to select 'New' again, but the current window stays in control
until 'OK' is clicked (i.e. another 'New' has no effect).  When I do click
'OK' the response is that the partition failed with no allocation.

Is some preparation of the Free Space required prior to Disk Druid?  I
assume the "Guide" would tell me, but all I can find to download is the
'Companion', of which I already had a copy, along with the 'Getting
Started' book.  Does the 'Guide' still exist as a download, or is it now
only what is "on-screen during the installation process"?

Any help welcome, thanks
Lou