YDL 3.0 Install on ppc 604e

Antonio Netzer yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:48:25 -0500 (CDT)

Since your 2gig is mac formatted, probably hfs (instead of hfs+)
you are going to have to reformat the hard drive, but you will lose all
data on the harddrive, so make sure you have a bootable floopy or 7.6 disk
to boot from
once you are ready to partition , with disk utility, make about 200mb
macos partition to install bootx, some say that your partition can be a
lot smaller, so what you can do, is install the smallest system you can,
and find out how much disk space it takes, then repartition again, taking
just a few mb above that space.....
the remaining hard drive space should be left as free,
i'm not sure how familiar you are with Disk Utility, but choose the one
partition option and then use your mouse to manually reduce the partition.
The remaining space will be left as free space, the linux installer will
see this and configure it automatically to a /,home, and swap partition.

good luck

Netz