YDL 3.0 Install on ppc 604e

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:15:46 EDT

--part1_ba.405b5b29.2c1644f2_boundary

> >I figured from the biginning I'd have problems.  I was just gonna hope
> >that it installed perferct the first try. :-)
> >      Now.  anybody know where I can download OS 7.6? :-(
>
> Well, you've actually got it easy now. Since you've zapped the HD, you can
> just have your way with it, man!
>
> But in the (paraphrased) sage advice of Talking Heads:
> This ain't no party. This ain't no x86.
>
> I would expect you'd be able to boot off the 7.6 disks once you dl & burn
> them. But...you won't be able to UnStuff the BootX package so you'll have to
> get a little help there. Email me offline and I can give you a link to it.
> Once you burn that you should be able to copy it to your newly installed 7.6
> system. Then retrace your steps. Aren't these things such fun?!! What better
> way to waste half a day?
>
> Bill

Actually, I have an old 68k Mak SE that has a decompressor like stuffit
that's only 224kb.  I should be able to fit that and finder/system onto a floppy
together.  All I should need is a floppy to boot, and "Mindexpander" to
decompress bootx.  Now, could somebody tell me where I can get a OS 7.6+ finder and
system that's under 1200k combinded?
Thanx,
ES

--part1_ba.405b5b29.2c1644f2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt;I figured from the biginnin=
g I'd have problems.&nbsp; I was just gonna hope<BR>
&gt;that it installed perferct the first try. :-)<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now.&nbsp; anybody know where I can downl=
oad OS 7.6? :-(<BR>
<BR>
Well, you've actually got it easy now. Since you've zapped the HD, you can<B=

just have your way with it, man!<BR>
<BR>
But in the (paraphrased) sage advice of Talking Heads:<BR>
This ain't no party. This ain't no x86.<BR>
<BR>
I would expect you'd be able to boot off the 7.6 disks once you dl &amp; bur=
n<BR>
them. But...you won't be able to UnStuff the BootX package so you'll have to=
<BR>
get a little help there. Email me offline and I can give you a link to it.<B=

Once you burn that you should be able to copy it to your newly installed 7.6=
<BR>
system. Then retrace your steps. Aren't these things such fun?!! What better=
<BR>
way to waste half a day?<BR>
<BR>
Bill<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Actually, I have an old 68k Mak SE that has a decompressor like stuffit that=
's only 224kb.&nbsp; I should be able to fit that and finder/system onto a f=
loppy together.&nbsp; All I should need is a floppy to boot, and "Mindexpand=
er" to decompress bootx.&nbsp; Now, could somebody tell me where I can get a=
 OS 7.6+ finder and system that's under 1200k combinded?<BR>
Thanx,<BR>
ES<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_ba.405b5b29.2c1644f2_boundary--