YDL 3.0 on 7300

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:01:43 EDT

--part1_3a.3a2fb5f9.2c17f597_boundary

In a message dated 6/10/2003 3:10:04 PM Central Daylight Time, bknabe@mac.com
writes:

> You should be able to hold down "c" and boot from an OS CD. If you can't, I
> can send you an 8.1 floppy disk image with a CD driver on it - if you have
> the MacAddict CD (don't remember the number) that has the 8.1 trouble disk
> image, you can remove Disk First Aid and Drive Setup from it and put the CD
> driver from 7.5 or 7.6 on it.
>
> Bert
>
> On 6/10/03 2:33 PM, "MoC888@aol.com" <MoC888@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >Ok here.  My Mac OS 8.1 is long dead (As in yesterday), and I finally got
> >booted into a 7.5 looking 8.1 from a disk tools image.  (Used Disk Copy on
> my
> >Mac
> >SE to make the disk)  Now, I used Drive Setup Lite from the disk tools
> image
> >to reformat my hard disk.  I'm ready for bootx.  Except for the fact that
> this
> >minimal OS won't read from CD.  It's VERY minimal.  It was designed for a
> >floppy.  Anybody know how to get CD-ROM access from an OS copied from a
> >downloaded disk tools floppy image?
> >Thanx,
> >ES

I took CD drivers from my dad's 7200/90 with 8.6 and got bootx working.  Now
I have YDL 3.0 installed, though my  monitor was to old to be on the list.  I
booted it up with no video drivers and it works ok, with an itsy bitsy
resolution. (It's only a 13 inch monitor anyway, I didn't expect anything
spectacular.)
Now, how do you simulate a right click with a single button ADB mouse on YDL?
 In Mac 8.1 you hold control, but not here.  Also the eth0 doesn't load the
IP (probably because I haven't hooked it up to the network yet) and some cups
thing takes forever to load on boot.
       Other than that, it rocks.
Thanx,
ES

--part1_3a.3a2fb5f9.2c17f597_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 6/10/2003 3:10:04 PM Central Daylig=
ht Time, bknabe@mac.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">You should be able to hold down=
 "c" and boot from an OS CD. If you can't, I<BR>
can send you an 8.1 floppy disk image with a CD driver on it - if you have<B=

the MacAddict CD (don't remember the number) that has the 8.1 trouble disk<B=

image, you can remove Disk First Aid and Drive Setup from it and put the CD<=

driver from 7.5 or 7.6 on it.<BR>
<BR>
Bert<BR>
<BR>
On 6/10/03 2:33 PM, "MoC888@aol.com" &lt;MoC888@aol.com&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&gt;Ok here.&nbsp; My Mac OS 8.1 is long dead (As in yesterday), and I final=
ly got<BR>
&gt;booted into a 7.5 looking 8.1 from a disk tools image.&nbsp; (Used Disk=20=
Copy on my<BR>
&gt;Mac <BR>
&gt;SE to make the disk)&nbsp; Now, I used Drive Setup Lite from the disk to=
ols image<BR>
&gt;to reformat my hard disk.&nbsp; I'm ready for bootx.&nbsp; Except for th=
e fact that this<BR>
&gt;minimal OS won't read from CD.&nbsp; It's VERY minimal.&nbsp; It was des=
igned for a<BR>
&gt;floppy.&nbsp; Anybody know how to get CD-ROM access from an OS copied fr=
om a<BR>
&gt;downloaded disk tools floppy image?<BR>
&gt;Thanx,<BR>
&gt;ES<BR>
&gt;_______________________________________________</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I took CD drivers from my dad's 7200/90 with 8.6 and got bootx working.&nbsp=
; Now I have YDL 3.0 installed, though my&nbsp; monitor was to old to be on=20=
the list.&nbsp; I booted it up with no video drivers and it works ok, with a=
n itsy bitsy resolution. (It's only a 13 inch monitor anyway, I didn't expec=
t anything spectacular.)<BR>
Now, how do you simulate a right click with a single button ADB mouse on YDL=
?&nbsp; In Mac 8.1 you hold control, but not here.&nbsp; Also the eth0 doesn=
't load the IP (probably because I haven't hooked it up to the network yet)=20=
and some cups thing takes forever to load on boot.&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Other than that, it rocks.<BR>
Thanx,<BR>
ES&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_3a.3a2fb5f9.2c17f597_boundary--