default user creation (Larson, Timothy E.)

Craig Richardson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:23:43 +1000

Tim,

useradd username -g users

Will create an account but make the user part of the users group in YDL.

However YDL/Red Hat uses user private groups by default, which in my opinion
is a better system.  Stick with it if you can and make the "users" group
membership for each user optional.

ie - after you've created an account with useradd username then do
usermod -G users username

After which the user will have their own group "username" and also be a
member of the "users" group.

Craig

--
Craig Richardson