simple question

Charles Broderick yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:51:44 -0700

On 6/15/03 11:01 AM, "yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com"
<yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com> wrote:

> can a person attach an external Firewire drive, install YDL 3 on
> it, and have YDL boot from it?  I know YDL 2 would not boot from an external
> Firewire drive, but I am not sure about YDL 3.

Ditto, to the best of my knowledge you cannot install YDL onto a Firewire
Drive.

However, it is ridiculously easy to have the Mac system use the Firewire
drive.

A "full" install of YDL only takes about 6gig, so if you are using a large
harddrive internally, it won't take up all that much space, and you can use
the firewire drive for your mac files.

Of course, that means you will have to partition...