Can't Configure Network

ArchAngel_Nix yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
21 Jun 2003 00:47:58 -0600

I want to configure my network, and this is what I get when I try.

[root@localhost mike]# redhat-config-network
Warning : Device eth1 has been compiled with version 14
of Wireless Extension, while we are using version 12.
Some things may be broken...

Copying ifcfg-eth1 to devices and putting it into the default profile.
Copying ifcfg-eth0 to devices and putting it into the default profile.
Warning : Device eth1 has been compiled with version 14
of Wireless Extension, while we are using version 12.
Some things may be broken...

According to apt-get, both the wireless-tool and redhat-config-network
are the newest version.
I went to the webpage of the person who created/maintains wireless-tools
and according to his page the newest version is 16. Can I download the
source and compile it, or is there more involved? Thanks for any help
you may be able to give me.

-Mike Holley