Problems Burning ISO's

Deeva yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:19:15 -0400 (EDT)

Jason Stevens said:
> Dee:
>
> Sounds like you're not using Toast properly to burn the image files.
> You need to click on the "Other" button in the toaster window and
> hold the button down until the drop-down list appears. Select "Disk
> Image" from the list, then drag one of your downloaded ISO's to the
> window. You need to click "Mount" (VERY IMPORTANT) and then click
> "Record."

Jason,
I did exactly that. I selected 'disc image' and dragged the files in
the window. Strange that only Disc 1 is seen as a hybrid disc, not the
other 2 (those show up as ISO only). When I mount disc one, I get 2
discs on the desktop, the mac and the iso. BUT I also found this in
one of the ftp download instructions:

"Note on burning:  make sure you use your CD burning software's "Burn
from ISO" option.  Mounting the iso image and then burning will NOT
work."

So... there ya go. Like I said the discs will read in all my other
machines but the 8600 keeps spitting them out while I can read other
PC/ISO cds in it.... *stumped*

Thnx for trying to help. Anyone else?