YDL Install Setup Advice Needed

Mark Srebnik yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:44:58 -0700

    Hi,

    Just got YDL3 today and anxious to install and get rolling with Linux.

    My current setup on my G4 has one 120 GB hard drive with 2 partitions:
    (1) 14.5 GB partition with OSX 10.2.6 and OSX apps
    (1) 100 GB partition with OS9 and other apps/documents

    Figured that it would be best to leave this drive alone. So bought
    another 120 GB drive on sale the other day to use partly YDL and the
    rest for more OSX stuff.

    So trying to decide what's the easiest/best way to get setup as I've now
    read that it's best to have the YDL drive as the master. This means
    switching my current drive to slave.

    So should I

    A. Put in the new drive first as slave to prepare partitions using OSX
       Drive Setup. Then switch them around and install YDL? Or

    B. Pull out current OSX master drive and install new drive as master and
       use Disk Druid only for setup or do I need to use OSX Drive Setup
       first if I want to create a partition that's usable in OSX and then
       Disk Druid. Then do YDL install on Linux partition. Then reinstall my
       current Mac drive as slave or

    C. Other option??

    Hope this makes sense!

    Appreciate any advice or tips on getting this setup....

    Will try to contribute to this list when I have something to offer
    others too.

    Excited to venture into Linuxland...

    Regards,

    Mark