15" iMac (Lamp) install problem

Steven Faulconer yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:05:47 -0500

A little bit ago, Mr. Waite brought up an issue with the 15" iMac
(iLampMac) graphical installation screen. I seem to be having the same
problem. When attempting a graphical installation, YDL boots fine,
though it says that the monitor can not be detected. When the graphical
screen comes up, the monitor is scrolling both horizontally and vertically.

I jumped on IRC and spoke with 'vit' who told me to try a text install.
This went quite well and installed everything without problems. I
selected a graphical installation, and configured X and rebooted. X
still does the same thing.

I've sent in a message to YDL (per Vit's recommendation) but thought I'd
ask here as well. I also attempted 'Xautoconfig' and 'startx' from a
command line login, but same problem.

Anyone else get this working?

Thanks.

Steven