Fixing X

Grant yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:19:42 -0400

Mark,

The problem I see is that the list you sent showed a valid first
partition map entry (or so I think).
I had this problem, and fixed it by running Pdisk, and changing the
entry from

"Apple bootstrap   Apple", to:
"Apple_partition_map  Apple"

The problem is, yours already reads "Apple_partition_map  Apple".

The first thing I would do is check the exact syntax.  Maybe I
overlooked something.
Next I would make sure you have the latest PDSIK.  You cant use what's
on your system now - you have to get the new one, specifically made to
fix this bug, via rpm or whatever.
Finally you need to follow [Dan's?] instructions.  they work.

You can run the new pdisk from either Linux or OSX I'm told, although I
ran it from linux.

Grant