<no subject>

blue yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:24:54 -0800

Colin Ward

> hello
>
> I am lost.  I am using a b&w g3 350 and trying to install on partitioned HD
> with OS 9.2.  Each time I boot from the cd it boots into O.F. and askes me
> to shut-down or mac-boot.  If I try to command boot cd :, \\yaboot I get
> DEFAULT CATCH from OF and some code=300.  If I boot from the directly into
> O.F. and type
>
> boot cd :, \\yaboot
>
> I get
>
> load-size=800 adler32=37311ef6
> unrecognized client program format
>
> Does antbody know what I am doing wrong?  I am not finding relevant info
> anywhere but it might be my frustration.  Can somebody point me in the right
> direction?  I am determined to learn this.
>
> Thanks
>

> Try this
>
> boot cd:,\\yaboot
>

> You have typed
>
> boot cd :, \\yaboot
>
> It seems to have a space that is not needed, or is it a typo
>
> <http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/>
>
> This should work
> Colin

ok.  now when I boot up I get to the linux window with option of linux or OS
9.2  If I choose linux I get a black screen and no response from anything.
Os will boot fine.  i haven't created a bootstrap partition or swap yet so I
am wondering if I have missed a step of the installation.  any ideas?
thanks for you help.