Kernel panic: No init found error on startup

Harold Shanafield yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:28:57 -0800 (PST)

Yesterday I had a perfectly good ydl 2.3 server.
Unfortunately, I had to shut it down and move today.
When I tried to start it back up I started getting the
error mentioned above.  I can boot fine into macos,
which is located on another disk.  When I run pdisk,
the drive where ydl should be does not show up as a
valid drive.  Does this mean my disk is hosed, or at
least not plugged in correctly, or is there something
else?  Nothing else was changed.  Powermac 9500MP
running latest smp kernel with 700MB ram and
everything worked fine yesterday.

Thanks,
Harold