YDL on Xserve?

Fabio Ribeiro yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:00:34 -0300

Hello everybody,

	Is it possible to install Yellow Dog Linux on a Xserve Dual =
1GHz? (The=20
first Xserve released?)

	I've downloaded the version 2.3 - December 2003 available on=20
<http://stage.terraplex.com/updates/apple/xserve/isos/> but I didn't=20
have success.

	What I did:

	1. Formated the disks using Mac OS X disk (xserve can't boot =
using=20
OS9) and choose 1 partition - Format Free (NO Mac OS 9 driver!)
	2. I've installed YDL without problems
=09
	The problem:
	3. During the reboot after configure YDL without problems the =
mac=20
reboots and then boots showing Jaguar's screen (The Apple logo in the=20
middle of the screen with the spinning circle=85Believe-me: Jaguar =
wasn't=20
installed!) then the system goes to a OSX Kernel Panic. Then I've reset=20=

the Open Firmware and PRAM and no system is detected=85 (blinking '?'=20
over the folder - strange=85)

	Information:
	- Xserve Dual 1GHz
	- Standard Configuration:
		No memory added
		No card added
		No disk added
		Nothing added at All
		System WITHOUT Mac OS X - YDL Only!

=09
	I didn't seen much information on this=85 Except that I need to =
download=20
the xserve_iso image (the one that I'm using=85)=85

	I'll try to install Mac OS X and YDL on the same Xserve but I'm =
not=20
very optimistic=85 Any tips?

Thanks for your attention,

Fabio Ribeiro=20=