Booting from YDL 3.0 CD on Apus 2000

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 01 May 2003 13:38:06 +0100

--On Thursday, May 1, 2003 12:23 pm +0000 ydl@beneath.plus.com wrote:

> How do i create the partition and put BootX on it?
> I found a tutorial for putting the HDD in an x86 box and using a parted
> floppy to fiddle about with it... but that was using yaboot, and the
> tutorial still seemed to need to boot from CD.

You need to boot off a UMAX Apus CD, and use the FWB Toolkit on the CD to
partition the drive.

> Is there any way i can stick the Macs HDD in my Linux box, create the
> neccesary partitions, boot from this and then boot the YDL install CD? A
> link to a guide or instructions would be great :)

I doubt it would work as only the UMAX Apus CDs have the necessary drivers
to work with the hardware in order to boot into MacOs and thence via BootX
into YDL.8  You need a copy of an Apus CD.  The machine won't boot straight
into YDL, it must boot into MacOs first.

Suzanne