Mac-on-Linux setup

Dan Wilson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
06 May 2003 08:52:59 -0500

I installed YDL 3.0 last night and tried to get MOL (0.9.68) working.
The video configures okay (I have YDL installed on a PowerBook G4-DVI.
Resolution should be 1280x854, right?).

I configured both molrc.macos and molrc.osx to use my one Mac
partition... /dev/hda10. In both files, I specified hda10 as the boot.
So when I startmol, I get a "No bootable disk was found!" error. When I
startmol -X, it starts up, and I see the OS X spinning wheel. Then mol
terminates with no apparent error, just a "cleaning up... terminating
threads... DONE." In both cases, MOL displays my drive information
correctly.

I've tried starting MOL as root, under my user name, from Konsole and
virtual terminals, and I cannot get it to work. Is it an issue with
having one Mac partition, or does MOL not work with 10.2.5?

Thanks for any help.