YDL3.0 install on Umax Apus 2000

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 07 May 2003 14:55:10 +0100

I appreciate that the Apus 2000 is not officially supported, but I was
wondering if anyone could shed light on a little problem.  The Umax runs
BootX quite happily and I start with the text install.  I can get as far as
the "Select your Keyboard screen", then no matter what keyboard I select,
on the next screen (Installation Method), the machine just doesn't respond
to any keystrokes. (except one single space bar entry which will move the
cursor from CDROM to NFS Image, then no more)

I don't think it's the media as I've used it successfully to install on an
iMac.  I've tried various BootX combinations, but they all have the same
result - crash out on the "Installation Method" screen.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Suzanne