[Fwd: Re: can I get my Apple_partition_map partition back?]

Tom Fowler yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 13:00:29 -0400

Dan,

Is there a way to prevent this bug from happening with a fresh install?
  I have already been a victim once, and before I read your solution, I
had to reformat and re-install OS X.  I would like to try again, but do
not have the nerve to loose my stuff again after restoring from backups
(about a day long job).

If I removed all drives from the system except for the one I want to
install yellowdog on?  Would that prevent the error?  Probably not if
it sets the wrong label on the drive it installs too.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Fowler
tomfowler@mac.com