Problem installing YDL3.0 on PowerPC 7500/100

lcastlem yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 13:29:40 -0400

I recall having seen someone reporting this same problem, but I could
not find the message after going through all of the May, April, and
March Archive entries. So, here goes.

When I attempt to install YDL 3.0 and begin with CD Install I., the
installation procedure proceeds without a hitch until I choose package
selection: Development Workstation (Recommended). "Reading local package
database". After 2 minutes and 45 seconds of progress,I get the
following output:

			"Traceback (innermost last)

File /usr/lib/yi/yi/ line 56, in?
sys.exit(yi(standalone 1)(1)
File /usr/lib/yi/template.py/ line 57, in-call-
return self.configure (args)
"
etc. (about 30 additional lines to be corrected)

Error: Please correct this manually"

My problems are these: (1)How do I find the location of File
/usr/lib/yi/yi/ which obviously has errors that need to be corrected. I
assume that it's supposed to be someplace in the kernel, but if so,
where, and how can I get access to it? (2) My knowledge of hacking is
limited, so I doubt that I am capable of "Please correct this manually".

In retrospect, I suppose I should have paid for the Terrasoft Support
option, but I did not because I had expected the YDL 3.0 release to be
free of problems, unlike those that I ran into with YDL 2.2 and YDL 2.3.
I would greatly appeciate any assistance that the readers of these
Archives would be able to give me.