Wallstreet won't go into OS X

Richard Osmond yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 18 May 2003 23:56:06 +0100

I've installed YDL 3.0 on my Wallstreet powerbook without problems
(well, not many :) ) but I cannot boot into MacOS X. The Wallstreet
uses BootX, and I have only one drive, nevertheless I did check for the
Apple_bootstrap bug thing. That's not the problem it would seem.

When I select OS X (10.2.6) in the Startup Disk control panel under
OS9, and then restart, it jumps up immediately with a Default Catch
error, and dumps me into Open Firmware. Neither typing Boot nor Bye (as
instructed onscreen) does anything. The only solution is to boot into
OS9 with the install CD and reset Startup Disk to OS9. I have tried
everything I know, including zapping PRAM, and nothing helps

Ideas?