Airport, YDL 3 and a 12" Powerbook

Andrew McVinnie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
18 May 2003 18:00:20 -0600

Hi All,

I'm new to YDL 3.0. Tried 2.3 for a bit. Very happy with 3.0!

In 2.3 there was a HowTo for manually configuring Airport Cards with
Kernal 2.4.x, specifiaclly at this address:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/airport24.shtml

I am unable to find ANY info on configuring an Airport Card in 3.0. Will
the same HOWTO still work? YDL 3.0 still seems to be using kernal 2.4.x.

If SO, will it work on an Airport Extreme Card in an 12" Powerbook? I
would guess so, but it would be limited it to 802.11b rather than
802.11g,which is ok, since I only have an original airport base anyway.

Thanks,
Andrew McVinnie