YDL 3, iBook Modem

Seth Matheson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 24 May 2003 00:55:38 -0400

I just installed YDL 3 on my 700Mhz iBook, runs pretty well.  One
thing, I can't configure my modem to connect to the internet.  Using,
KPPP I think its called, it can never find the modem.  I've selected
every type of modem in the config menu, even the types that are only
supposed to work on windows machines.  The closest I can get is
selecting /dev/modem, where it says the modem is ready, but then never
responds to anything else, and then says it can't find it.  The modem
works fine in 10.2.6, (dual boot) and i remember it being referred to
somewhere in X as /dev/cu.modem, however this is not an option on the
config menu of KPPP.  Help?

thanks!

~Seth Matheson