X problems on iMac DV SE

Jakob Malm yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 21:50:25 +0200

I installed YDL 3 on an iMac DV SE 400 Mhz. The graphic installer couldn't
start X, so it switched to text install. The text mode installer seemed to
work fine. In the post install I used the default setup, that is ATI Rage
128 video card, 8 MB, iMac screen, 16-bit color, Gnome, graphical login by
default. Now, when I start the system up and X seems to start I get a black
screen. I can still access the terminal by Ctrl-Alt-F1. Can I set the X environment
up by hand? Is there something else that I should do?

Thanks,
Jakob Malm