How to change a few keys in local keyboard layout? (YDL 3.0)

Varga Balazs yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 22:59:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I am writting from Hungary. I use an iBook with YDL 3.0. My
problem is the following:

There are 2 different hungarian keyboard layouts in YDL,
that i can choose from, but
unfortunatly they are not good for iBook.

I miss some characters, and it is important to use them,
since they are part of the
hungarian alphabet.

What I would like to change:

Instead of "0" at the place of "`", i would like to use "=ED"
(charactercode: U00ED in unicode,
0xED under ISO-8859-2). I would like to use the capital
version with pressing shift

On the other hand, it would be usefull to use the "fn" key
for using numbers instead of letters. Like "FN+l" for "3"

Is there another way besides rewritting the keymap file?
Hope so...

Sorry for the poor english :-)

Balazs Varga
vargabp@freemail.hu